The SA Series handles either flammable or non-flammable solvents, and meets strict requirements for solvent emissions.
Solvent cleaning is your best choice for most precision cleaning applications, and the SA Series from Crest Ultrasonics offers two distinct advantages over other ultrasonic cleaning systems:
- lindsey wixson lindsey wixson ,杜晨科洛斯 杜晨科洛斯 ,入间同学入魔了漫画免费阅读 入间同学入魔了漫画免费阅读 Solvent flexibility — Our system can be configured for either flammable or non-flammable solvents. It can be used with the new engineered solvents and it is designed for safe use of low flashpoint solvents such as isopropyl alcohol, acetone, and cyclohexane.
- Solvent efficiency — Achieved through our patent-pending Sealed Load LockTM loading chamber, PLC-controlled process automaton, superheated vapor drying that eliminates drag out, on-board water chilled condenser, subcooled freezer coils, and airtight design.
- Low emissions — Properly equipped, our system is capable of meeting SCAQMD’s stringent permitting requirements for solvent emissions. This means less waste of expensive solvents and minimum operator exposure.
Typical applications for the SA Series include removal of contamination from:
- Disk drives — Slider debonding, spacers, disk media, and hardware
- Medical equipment — Electronics, pacemakers, implants, prosthesis, etc.
- Optical equipment — Precision laser optics, fiber optics, precision instrument optics, and other lenses and optics
- Precision metal — Sputtering targets, molds, gyroscopes, bellows, etc.
- Electronics — Cleaning and refluxing of complex electromechanical components, flip chips, fuel injectors, etc.
- Chemical processing — High purity valves and fittings, instrumentation, sensors, etc.
Six standard basket sizes, available for immediate delivery
Standard sizes range from 8″L x 10″W x 8″H to 22″L x 16″W x 16″H.
Click on the tabs below to learn more about our SA Series Industrial Solvent Precision Cleaning System:
- Sealed loading chamber — A PLC-controlled Load LockTM access chamber allows for part insertion and removal without vapor emission or operator exposure.
- High reflux rate — System distillation rate operates at one tank volume per hour. This achieves a greater concentration of contaminants in the boil sump and reduces solvent disposal requirements.
- True SuperheatTM drying — Achieves temperatures of 50ºF above solvent boiling point for shorter drying time. Superheat also reduces dragout and vapor emissions.
- Vapor boost — In addition to superheated vapor drying, the SA Series provides additional heat during work load insertion to prevent vapor zone collapse. This vapor boost capacity is programmable, allowing for flexible workload masses.
- Indirect heating — Ensures that the system cannot reach excessive solvent degrading temperatures, even under fault conditions. Competitive systems using direct heating cannot achieve superheat in the vapor zone.
- Sealed upper enclosure — A fully sealed top enclosure minimizes vapor zone disturbance and subsequent solvent losses due to downdrafts.
- Automated parts handling — The vertical lift has a 75-pound load capacity and variable speed operation. The lift controls the rate of part travel through the vapor zone to ensure adequate drying and minimal solvent drag out. Automatic operation ensures ease of use and no operator exposure.
- Stainless steel construction — All components that contact solvent (including tanks, solvent plumbing, heating coils, and cooling coils) are made of 316 stainless steel. All structural components (including framing, covers, and countertops) are constructed of 300-series stainless steel.
- Spill containment tray — Capable of holding more than 100% of tank liquid volume, including plumbing. Although a plumbing failure is unlikely, costly clean-up and recovery can result from not having a spill containment tray.
- Extended freeboard
- Sub-zero freeboard cooling
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Touch-screen operator interface
- Removable access panels
- Meets all NFPA standards (applicable when using flammable solvents)
Parts enter the system through the Load LockTM access chamber and are automatically transported to the process chamber. The parts are then lowered through the freeboard area, the superheated vapor zone, and into the immersion sump. In the immersion sump, the parts may be vertically oscillated or cleaned with ultrasonics. In addition, the system may be configured to allow parallel parts load processing.
The vaporization and condensation of the solvent act as a driving force to move solvent throughout the system. This process, known as the reflux cycle, ensures that the dirtiest solvent is concentrated in the boil sump — which is never reached by the parts. The condensed distillate gravity drains into the immersion sump and cascades into the boil sump.
The final rinse is achieved in the superheated solvent vapor. Any liquid solvent remaining on the parts in the vapor zone will flash due to the superheat, allowing dry parts to emerge.
The SA Series is available in two basic configurations — single or double sump, each with optional features. The need for a separate dryer is eliminated through the use of a superheated vapor zone above the immersion tank.
Applicable when using flammable solvents:
- Intrinsically safe devices used in high vapor concentration areas of machine
- Monitored nitrogen purge of submersible transducers
- Warning device at 15% of lower flammable limit (LFL)
- Additional warning, automatic shutdown, critical isolation, and accelerated tank cool-down of equipment at 25% of LFL
- Fire detection by thermal sensors that activate on high temperature or high rate of change in temperature
- Fire suppression by means of integral CO2 system
- Remote fill and drain cart — This portable unit allows safe, efficient transfer of solvents. Multiple cleaning systems to be serviced with a single cart.
- Ultrasonics — Ultrasonic transducers may be bottom bonded on one or both sumps. Sweep frequency transducers are available in a variety of frequencies. A high sweep rate using ceramically enhanced transducers will ensure excellent cavitation of most solvents.
- Recirculation filtration — Micron or submicron filtered recirculation is available on one or both immersion sumps.
- Distillate flush — As an additional cleaning step, a low-pressure distillate flush of the parts can be added.
- Low flashpoint solvent package — Allows the safe use of low flashpoint solvents such as IPA, acetone, and cycolhexane, and includes flammable vapor detection and fire suppression systems and FM certification.
|Model 1/101210||Model 1/181212||Model 1/241818||Model 2/101210||Model 2/181212||Model 2/241818|
|48" x 50" x 84"||48" x 60" x 88"||60" x 84" x 120"||48" x 56" x 84"||48" x 78" x 88"||60" x 96" x 120"|
|21 gal.||35 gal.||75 gal.||30 gal.||50 gal.||105 gal.|
|10" x 12" x 10"||18" x 12" x 12"||24" x 18" x 18"||10" x 12" x 10"||18" x 12" x 12"||24" x 18" x 18"|
|8" x 10" x 8"||16" x 10" x 10"||22" x 16" x 16"||8" x 10" x 8"||16" x 10" x 10"||22" x 16" x 16"|
Also see our complete line of ultrasonic cleaning solutions:
Crest Ultrasonics brand ultrasonic cleaning solutions are uniquely formulated to work flawlessly with our ultrasonic equipment in the cleaning and passivation of many different metal and plastic materials.
ORDER NOW: Call 1-800-99CREST (27378) or contact us today!
FREE DEMO for qualified applicants (only). Speak with a sales rep to learn more.